Sunday, December 14, 2014

I remember everything

I remember when my mom told me we were moving and I couldn't tell anyone. I remember her saying we could stay then I didn't have to.

I remember when we went to the cave of wonders and I was scared so you kissed me and asked if I could do it now.

I remember when I opened the box on my 15th birthday that had my kitty in it and I have never been happier. 

I remember building a tunnel at my families cabin in the six feet of snow and jumping off the roof into the powder. 

I remember going to Applebee's with my mom everyday after kindergarten and she always got a salad with almonds on it and maybe that's why I think they look good but I can't stand the taste. 

I remember the day my sister came home with dark brown hair and the first thing my mom said was "please tell me that's not permanent" ever since then I've been scared to dye my hair.

I remember the first time I got stung by a bee. I was playing air soft and I thought my brother shot me. 

I remember sleeping at the kitchen counter because my mom said I couldn't leave until I finished all my meatloaf.

I remember when I came home from girls camp and there was an extra car seat in the back and I asked who it was for. That's when I found out we got my little sister. I remember being mad because she never asked us if we were okay with it. But now I wouldn't take it back for anything. 

I remember fasting for every neck surgery my dad has had to have. I remember in elementary when people would ask why I wasn't eating and I wouldn't want to tell them. I remember now in high school how no one questions why I'm not eating because no one does. 

I remember when my mom couldn't wake up my dad and she told me to watch the kids so she could take him to the ER. 

I remember when my dad called me just the other day and told me to go upstairs and make sure my mom was okay because she was having chest pain. My grandpa died from a heart attack and its genetic. 

I remember crying in Costa Rica on a family trip because my sisters husband swore at me. 

I remember the day my best friend since I was 6 moved away to college and we hugged for the first time. 

I remember the nightmare I had 10 years ago. I remember a man laying outside my door with a knife in hand. It's the reason I check under my bed every night. 

I remember visiting my dad in the hospital after he went cold turkey from all of his medication. I remember it not feeling like my dad. I remember every time people ask me why I don't take medicine and I remember saying its just because I don't like it, but really this is why.

I remember when the doctor said I had mono and my mom asked me how I got it. 

I remember our talk at 1 am. I remember how nothing was the same after. 

I remember when they told us my sister has cancer.

I remember when we drove around aimlessly because I didn't have to be home yet and we wanted to 
stay together as long as possible.

I remember the first time my mom told me she took depression pills. I remember feeling like she wasn't invincible.

I remember my first A- and I remember not being able to tell my parents for months.

I remember counseling. I remember the train table that I would always play at while she talked to me. I don't remember what she said, but I remember her being really nice and her name was Susan.

I remember everything. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I read it all and wanted to keep reading but it was over... such a powerful post.
    really, wow.

    ReplyDelete